Monday, January 19, 2009

Joojy -- Featured ArtFire Artisan!

This miniature print of a Sulphur Crested Cockatoo really caught my eye when it was on the front page of ArtFire. The artist is Joojy (the store is also called Jofoland) of Melbourne, Australia, and the print is part of her original series of Australian birds, created with collage enhanced with pen and ink and watercolours.

The artist says of herself:

I am a self-employed animator and illustrator based in Melbourne, Australia. I am a chronic doodler and a wouldbe baker and love making things that make both you and me smile!


Here's her Hummingbird original collage (not a print) with pen and ink and watercolour :) These two pieces are both ACEO sized -- that stands for Art Cards, Editions and Originals, and each measures the ACEO standard of 3.5" x 2.5".

I like them, and hope you do, too!

joojy's ArtFire Studio
joojy's Etsy shop
jofoland's Blog

5 comments:

  1. Great altered art cockatoo. I love anything avian!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The hummingbird is so pretty. I also like this from Joojy's Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=16743944

    ~Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely gorgeous! I really like the hummingbird also. Nice work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You've received a blog award! See the details here: http://fabuloushandmadefinds.blogspot.com/2009/06/one-lovely-blog-award.html

    ReplyDelete